Assess your church experience in light of Jesus' command to make disciples. Would you say that your church is characterized by disciple making? Why or why not?
I attend the Evangelical Free Church of the Palouse, and yes. I would say that they follow the command to make disciples. They put more emphasis on meeting in small groups, such as Sunday school and Life Groups that the important of the Sunday sermon. Often, the Sunday service only scratches the surface of the topic, with the idea being for further study and discussion on your own. And also in your Life Group. They want individuals to encourage, teach one another, and learn from one another. This makes it more real and more personable. And it is a great way of disciple making. Not every one has the courage to teach to large groups, but in smaller settings, anyone can teach. Anyone can disciple.
While I am not part of a Life Group yet, I am working on that. I am attempting for round two of making contact today.
you are invited to follow my blog
ReplyDelete