Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Week Three Day Four

Luke 9:57-62

What excuses tend to keep you from following Jesus' command to make disciples? What do you need to do in order to move past these excuses?

This is a good question.  As the book brought up, I definatley think that I use "getting my life in order fist" as an excuse.  I know I have some issues, and I am working to clean those up.  I also have come to realize that these give me the credibility to minister and witness to others.  Some people need to know you've been there before they can listen. I have experienced myself.  I have met more genuine people sitting in a bar then I have in Church.  So many good friends in softball or over a beer that have stuck by me. 

I think that the other excuse that I would use is that I didn't know it was my job, according to Jesus.  Its too easy to pass it off to pastors and ministers  I remember my days at camp.  Those were good days.  And that was a great ministry.  Unfortunatly.  Thats where it ended for me.  I didn't carry it back to the real world.  My bad.  This book, however, is teaching me that my mission field is wherever I am.  I have been called to be exactly where I am.  And I need to embrace that.

No comments:

Post a Comment