Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Week Two Day Three

Have you identified yourself with Jesus by being baptized? If so, why do you think this was an important step for you to take? If not, what is holding you back from being baptized?

I have been baptized.  I remember it.  I was a child.  It was my choice.  I went forward at the end of the service to tell the pastor I wanted to be baptized.  This was an imporant step because it came from within.  Second, I was willing to publically declare my faith.  It meant I was showing obediance to Jesus by being baptized.  This is also an important step because it means you are now accountable for you actions to a larger group of people.  There are more individuals that know you're a Christian, and will help keep you in the right.

Would you say that you are ready to commit yourself to studying the Scriptures and investing in the people around you? Why or why not?

Absolutely.  I have a thirst and hunger for knowledge right now.  Not just for book knowledge, but specifically for Book knowledge.  I want to understand my faith more.  Be able to share it better and with more specific answers.  I already invest a lot in those around me.  I want to able to do that with a Bibilical foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment