Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 1 Day 5

Luke 14:35-33

If you choose to obey Jesus' call to follow, what might it cost you? (Avoid being vague.  If following Jesus would cost you specific possessions, comforts, or relationships, list them below)
    This question is an easy one to answer, yet hard at the same time. I mean my possessions are just things.  They can be gotten rid of, gotten back, etc.  They are just things.  I have always tried to live minimally and not have a lot of things. Sure, my things are nice.  But if it means doing something I'm called to do, they gone. 
    As for comforts, sure I like sleeping in a bed.  Hitting the gym.  But.  Those are just fluff.  Can always find a way to workout.  Learn how to sleep on or in something different.  The body adjusts.
    Finally, for relationships.  Those are all closest to me, are saved.  They would understand.  It would be some of the lesser relationships that might fade away, which happens with change.

What might hold you back from following Jesus at this point? Are you willing to let go of these things if necessary?
    The biggest hold back would be money.  And the faith for God to provide.  I was a little squirrley in my younger years and have some debt.  Some bills.  Gotta make enough to cover those.  I want to get out of debt, not further into it. I don't like it, or the stress that it causes.  I think I would have hard time following a call and trusting for Him to provide in this area.  I would go. I would have to.  He always helps me find a way.  He has proven this time and time again.  It is just a scary step.

No comments:

Post a Comment