Friday, April 26, 2013

Week 1 Day 3

Evaluate your approach to following Jesus.  Would you say that you view Jesus as your Lord, Master and Owner? Why or why not?

    It is always an awesome feeling when you feel that a book, despite being written for the masses, is speaking directly to you.  Today's study did just that.  The short answer to the question is no.  I do not view Jesus as my Lord, Master and Owner.  I don't think this is something that I have ever grasepd or really just had it laid out so bluntly, at least not when I was in a mind-set to listen.  This is huge for me.  I have always prided myself on being independent.  Being a hard worker and figuring things out through my own strength.  Or so I thought.  I am a lot more aware that this isn't me.  God has put things in motion.  I know I am meant for more, and I now know that I cannot achieve whatever that may be until I make Jesus my Lord.
    I have always had the friend view of Jesus.  A teammate.  A coach.  Someone that was there to help and teach.  While those are all true, it is the easy view of Jesus.  The one that does not require much.  I have to realize that I am not my own.  The Bible tells me this.  This concept is a lot easier for me to realize due to my workouts, as odd as this sounds.  Working out has become a passion for me.  It requires discipline, dedication and study.  It also requires solid nutrition.  First Corinthians 6:19-20, 'Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.' This verse translates very well to the gym, and beyond.  For me, I do not want my workouts to be a stumbling block.  A distraction. It is my desire and prayer that I become more dedicated in my Spiritual workouts and training, than I do in my physical ones.
    It is also my prayer that I stop viewing myself so highly.  I didn't get me where I am. As much as I want to think I did.  I want to change my approach to following Jesus.  I need to follow him as my Lord.  Not just as a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment