Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week 1 Day 1

Up to this point in your life, would you call yourself a follower of Jesus Christ? Why do you say that? Do you see evidence of your faith as described in Luke 6:40?

-Luke 6:40 "A pupil is not above his teacher; but everyone after he has been fully trained, will be like his teacher.

         At this point in my life, I do call myself a Christian. I would describe it as a "hungry" child like Christian. Up to this point, my faith was based on what I had learned as a child living under my parents house. Taking in what they taught me and what I picked up by going to Church with them. In college my faith became somewhat my own as I was out on my own for the first time. I kind of dabbled in it, but never had the drive to the hunger that I now posses. For the first time, I want to know more. For me. Not for anyone else. Not because someone else is telling me to, or dictate what I am learning. I have a hunger and thirst and I want to satisfy it. That is how I know this is real. I know what is right. I know when I am living wrong. I want to have a teacher, I want to be taught. I want to be a pupil, to become a better disciple. I have some great opportunities. And I need to get myself right to better use them. I reaize that I cannot do this on my own. That I have to reach out to others. Both those I count as friends. And those who I don't know yet. I have found a Church I like, and want to attend regularly. Not just attend, but get plugged in to a small group and hopefully a Sunday school class.

No comments:

Post a Comment