Read Ephesians 2 carefully and take some time to consider the truths it presents. Do you trust in the death of Christ for your salvation? Do you ever struggle with believing you need to do something to save yourself?
I one hundred percent believe that Christ died for my salvation. That is not something that I have ever struggled with. In fact, its quite the opposite. It is something that I have taken for granted. I'm saved. I earned my pass. I can do my own thing is a very accurate attitude of how I have been living my life. It is something that I am changing. Trying to start my day off right. I love to workout. I start my day with a 2 mile walk. I have changed what I listen to set the tone for the day. I come back, have my morning shake and then do my bible study. It is something I want to keep up.
Diving into Ephesians 2, there are a lot of verses that stand out. That get the thought process going. Having lived in a lot of the 'lusts of the flesh and mind (v.3), I know how devastating they can be. I had to learn the hard way. I wasn't strong enough to learn from others. It is amazing how desires of the flesh can cloud the mind. The longer I stay away from them, the clearer my mind gets, and the hungrier it becomes. It is awesome. It is simply mind blowing that A. God would send his son to die for me, before I even believed and B. That he continues to love me and bless me even after I 'do my own thing.' Wow.
The end of the chapter (v.17-22) talks about the foundation that has been laid. With Christ being the cornerstone. As I have begun to clean up my life (about a year and a half now), I knew that I had to get my foundation right. Get it solid again. Repair the cracks. I had to clean a lot of stuff up, and out, in order to repair those problems areas. I knew where I had to start. With Christ. We had a lot of good talks. Some very hard times. But He still blessed me. Opened doors and got me into an amazing situation. I often wonder how many 'second chances' I am going to get. I really don't want to find out. I want to use this opportunity to the fullest and start returning the glory to God. And start building on the foundation he has laid for me.
The last verse, v.22, really stands out to me. I think because with my workouts, its building something. A better physical body. Combine that with a strong mind and solid spiritual base, and that is quite the 'dwelling of God in the Spirit.'
No comments:
Post a Comment